Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival 2017
20th September 2017
The Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival 2017 programme is now available!
SRN is delighted to be a partner for this year’s festival which explores the theme of Reclaim. Reclaim your identity. Reclaim your creativity. Reclaim your sense of community. Reclaim language. Reclaim your mental health.
SRN Director Frank Reilly commented:
Recovery is based on relationships and connection, the sorts of connections that help us make sense of what we have survived and the people we have become. The arts have a crucial role in that process, as we have seen through the work of the Write to Recovery project team and the innovative community approaches to recovery in Making Recovery Real. It is a way of helping others connect to our experience and to explore their own. It is therefore an absolute pleasure to be able to support this year’s Festival.
There are over 300 events taking place across the country this October including:
- A free Write to Recovery taster session (12 October, Inverness)
- What needs to change? exhibition (from 11 October, Glasgow, various venues)
- A free RAMH Write to Recovery workshop (17 October, Paisley)
- Moray Feelgood Festival (throughout October)
- A collaborative storytelling event hosted by Real Talk and Write to Recovery (17 October, Glasgow)