We are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy aims to inform you about the data we collect when you use the Scottish Recovery Network website, including cookies and personal information, how we use this data, and where it is stored.
We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, and otherwise in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). The Scottish Recovery Network is a data controller and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact us at email@example.com | 0300 323 9956
- The information we collect and how we use it
- Third-party websites
- Where is your data stored / data security
- How long we keep your information
- Your rights
- Changes in our policy
- How to contact us
The information we collect and how we use it
Data enables us to:
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Respond to any feedback you send us if you’ve asked us to
- Provide you with services that you have asked to receive
The type of personal information collected on the website could include your name, company name, address (including postcode), email address, telephone number (including mobile). Typically, identifying information is collected in relation to:
- Signing up to the Scottish Recovery Network mailing list (this is done using an opt-in consent procedure)
- To allow us to consider your comments, queries, and suggestions and respond if necessary
- To allow us to respond to your enquiries for further information
- To distribute requested resources and materials
If you register with the Scottish Recovery Network mailing list you will receive information and updates on our work as well as a wealth of information about mental health and recovery from across Scotland and beyond. We use return email addresses to answer any emails that we receive, and we may use return email addresses to send you other information that you may request. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose.
Identifying information may also be voluntarily provided in relation to shared experiences of recovery. This process is governed separately using consent forms. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect IP addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web. Web servers, the computers that “serve up” web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When you request a page from this website, our servers log your IP address. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, so although your session will be logged, you will remain anonymous to us. We process information from your IP address and the technical information provided for:
- Security purposes – to maintain the integrity of our online services and protect them from malicious or accidental abuse
- To generate approximate geographical information to determine the reach of our services across Scotland and worldwide
- To identify technical problems
- To determine how our websites are being used by visitors
- Evaluate and inform our work
We may use the information that you provide to better design the website and to improve our strategy and products. We may collect certain information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. Such information tells us about your equipment, browsing actions, and the resources that you access and use through the services, such as your operating system and browser type. Technical information may be submitted to third-party services for processing on our behalf. We use analytics and similar services, as explained in our Cookies Policy
By using the website, you consent to the collection and use of this information by Scottish Recovery Network.
Where is your data stored? / Data security
Scottish Recovery Network is committed to data security. We take reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk.
- Data from comments, requests, enquiries, and feedback is stored on Scottish Recovery Network servers hosted within the UK.
We will only collect your personal data with your consent. By submitting your personal data to us in any of these forms, you are consenting to the storage and processing of your data for the reasons specified at the time of submission.
For digital tools that process data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) we have standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts. This includes the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme
We will not share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes unless you have given your consent to do so.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your information only for as long as it is required to fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for any third-party services that process data on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we either remove it from our systems or anonymise it so that we can’t identify you.
You have the right to:
- Access information we hold about you, upon request, and to have incorrect information corrected
- Withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information at any time, and to request that information about you be removed from our systems
- Instruct us to have the information you provided to us sent to another organisation, where we hold this information with your consent and where it’s technically feasible
- Complain to the regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office, if you think we haven’t complied with data protection laws (See ICO Report a concern).
We give you the following options for managing or removing your information from our database:
- Send us an email at: email@example.com – Be sure to include your name and clear instructions on what you would like us to do.
- You can also be removed from the Scottish Recovery Network mailing list by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe link’ at the top of our newsletter
- Write to us at: Scottish Recovery Network, 422-423 Baltic Chambers, 50 Wellington Street, Glasgow G2 6HJ. Be sure to include your name and clear instructions on what you would like us to do.
Please note: The laws and regulations in different countries impose different (and even conflicting) requirements on the internet and data protection. We are located in Scotland in the UK, as are the servers that make this site available worldwide. Scots law governs all matters relating to this site. If you are located outside the UK and you contact us please note that any information you provide will be transferred to the UK and by submitting the information you authorise this transfer.
Changes in our policy
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so.
Legal Information – Scottish Recovery Network (Penumbra)
Registered in Scotland No: 91542
Registered Address: Norton Park, 57 Albion Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5QY
Data Protection Registration No: z461352x