Participate in a virtual pilot of the Peer2Peer course!
25th September 2020
CLOSED. Scottish Recovery Network are looking for people to participate in a pilot of the Peer2Peer course online.
This free course will offer participants the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills using a mix of virtual and personal learning. Scottish Recovery Network will also develop learning from this experience to share with others.
Participants should live in Scotland and have lived experience of mental health recovery*. They will already be or interested in becoming:
- Peer workers / volunteers
- Peer group facilitators
- People planning to facilitate the Peer2Peer course for their community/group/workplace (face to face and/or online).
- People in involvement or participation development roles
- People who want to use their lived experience to affect change i.e. involvement activity
*Please note that this course asks participants to be willing to reflect on and share parts of their recovery
The course will be held on Zoom from the comfort of your own space. Network Officers Holly Hendry and Lesley Smith will co-facilitate sessions. To ensure a great virtual learning environment we will be offering 12 places. The course will run for an initial six weeks. At the end of the six weeks we will discuss, as a group, any further sessions in the new year. The course will consist of:
- Weekly Zoom sessions. These will start on Tuesday 10 November and run for 6 weeks from 10am until 12.15pm
- 3 additional facilitator groups sessions. Participants will be allocated a group which will meet virtually 3 times over the 6 weeks
- Reading and practical work to engage with your own community or at home (depending on Covid-19 measures)
- Week 1: Recovery – Introduction to CHIME and personal recovery
- Week 2: The Peer Relationship including peer values
- Facilitator group session- to be arranged
- Week 3: Understanding impacts on mental health including social determinants of health, adversity, trauma and stigma
- Week 4: Power strengths and sharing our experiences
- Facilitator group session – sharing our stories
- Week 5: Communication Skills
- Facilitator group session – to be arranged
- Week 6: Resourcing ourselves: peer support toolkit (self-care / wellbeing, boundaries and support). Course review and what next…i.e. group work skills, challenging conversations.
Anyone interested in taking part should attend one of our two online information sessions on Zoom. This will be an opportunity to learn more about the course, ask any questions and experience a couple of exercises to see if this course is right for you at this time. From there we will invite people to apply for a place on the course. Information sessions will be held on:
- Monday 12 October from 10.30am -12pm
- Tuesday 13 October from 2pm- 3.30pm
To attend an information session email email@example.com with your preferred date and why you are interested in taking part in the Peer2Peer online pilot. Places will be confirmed by the 8th October. Please note: we may need to limit numbers if we receive a large number of expressions of interest.
The closing date for booking a place at an information session is Monday 5 October.