Making Recovery Real: 21 October
25th September 2020
Booking is open for our ALLIANCE Live webinar which will explore how to bring individuals and services together to develop local recovery approaches and resources.
This roundtable discussion will explore the Making Recovery Real approach and how it offers a different way of working together. It does not replace the traditional NHS treatment route but invites formal services to walk alongside local people, organisations and initiatives to design and deliver sustainable mental health support.
Scottish Recovery Network’s Acting Director, Louise Christie will chair a live and Q&A which explores:
- What is Making Recovery Real? The approach, key activities, the development and launch of reviews and resources.
- What is happening now (including response to Covid-19)
- Impact and key learning from the initiative so far – What’s working? What are the challenges?
- The future of mental health support. What needs to change? How can we build back better?
Louise will be joined by a panel, including:
- Ruth Brown, Team Leader, Mental Health Engagement and Involvement, Dundee Volunteer and Voluntary Action (DVVA)
- Wendy Callander, Executive Director, Wellbeing Works
- Rona Foy, peer support line volunteer and volunteer co-ordinator for NHS Tayside
The webinar takes place on Wednesday 21 October from 2pm until 2.30pm.