LGBT Mental Health Audit Tool
9th December 2014
LGBT Health and Wellbeing have created an Audit Tool to be used by mental health services and organisations as a guide to becoming more LGBT inclusive.
The Mental Health Capacity Building Project, funded by the Scottish Government, builds on the work of the national Mental Health Demonstration Project and will offer a small number of statutory and third sector organisations:
- Bespoke capacity building support to enable them to work through the Mental Health Audit Tool and identify actions to enhance their practice
- Delivery of mental health-focused training on LGBT issues tailored to the specific needs of the organisation
The LGBT Mental Health Audit Tool focuses on five key areas:
- Supporting staff to develop cultural competence in working with LGBT people
- Making services safe and accessible
- Ensuring policies and procedures support LGBT-inclusive practice
- Embed equality monitoring of sexual orientation and gender identity
- Develop proactive promotion, publicity and engagement with LGBT people
SRN advertise a range of events and resources developed by external organisations. In doing so we do not necessarily endorse or recommend them and we are in no way responsible for content or quality.